View Single Post
Old 19th January 2020, 11:47   #1  |  Link
dadix

Dedicated video player for DLP projectors

Hello.

I am a big fan of video projectors .
I would like to discuss a problem with DLP video projectors. I suspect that from the way the image is formed using micro-mirrors, a separate video player should be developed for these types of video projectors.

I have 2 video projectors with DLP and one with 3LCD. Optoma ep727 (dlp) has smoother image than Benq W1080ST (DLP). I suspect this is because of the poor video processing in the Benq model. The Benq W1080ST plays many block artifacts and the image looks smoother in Optoma EP727.
I studied this problem a bit and saw that the Optoma model has a separate image processor from Pixelworks namely PW392.

This processor hase some technologies like these :

-- DNX Deinterlacing with LAI technology uses video processing algorithms, including advanced motion-adaptive deinterlacing for both standard television formats and also high definition television formats, automatic film mode detection with 3:2 and 2:2 pull-down, advanced noise reduction and low angle edge detection to virtually eliminate 'jaggies' and other image artifacts.

-- DNX PixelBoost(TM) technology improves pixel response rates to eliminate blurring in fast-motion video as seen on some LCD panels.

-- DNX Rich Color Processing technology is the first low-cost technology for rendering more than one billion colors with 10-bit color processing and also remaps a display's color palette intelligently to optimize content appearance based on specific characteristics of the particular display technology.

-- DNX Advanced Scaling technology intelligently resizes HD and standard-resolution images to fit a wide variety of standard and widescreen displays.

-- DNX Video Enhancement technologies such as DCTI/DLTI, white/black level expansion and digital luminance peaking produce sharp, rich picture quality.

-- Enhanced Intelligent Windowing allows total user control for managing multiple content, including Split Screen, POP, and PIP with alpha blending.

-- Advanced 256-color bit-mapped on-screen display features provide for high-quality user interfaces.

They also have a picture and show this

So the question is which video player can do this image from right part and "
Primitive algorithms simply "paint" images by crudly placing pixels." - like they say in the promotion .

Here is the link to that LAI Technology : https://roa.optoma.com/Product/Produ...egory=SG9tZQ==

Last edited by dadix; 19th January 2020 at 12:54.
dadix is offline   Reply With Quote