View Single Post
Old 29th July 2016, 19:06   #4256  |  Link
meridius75

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridius75 View Post
Hi all

Wanted to ask a question as I have been using MKV tool Nix for couple of years and now find that it introduces video errors into the picture when creating a new mkv.

I find this strange since I thought MKVToolNix did not alter the picture ?

I Rip my movies with MakeMKV and then dump the video into MKVToolNix To edit and remove some parts of the video and edit names and when I come to play back some films not all there seems to be video corruption for a spilt second.

I tried the movie that was created with MakeMKV and its perfect but MKVToolNix creates errors in the video picture sometimes.

Now I have noticed this in a few versions and its took months to figure out why some of my videos have these corrupt errors in the video.

Some videos I did years ago and just watched now and see the same thing.

So I kept two files the MakeMKV file and the MKVToolNix file and when I seen the error I went back and redid the video with MKVToolNix since the MakeMKV file was fine and no errors in the same video using MKVToolNix, its just random and happens just sometimes.

Its random when this happens and I don't know why its doing it but its very annoying because I have to redo alot of videos because of this and I don't use MKVToolNix that often now because its not reliable but need to use it.

can anyone help me or can I help you sort this problem out or does anyone know or had the same problem

thanks
Hi all did some more testing and if I use makemkv I never get these errors. I have tried a few movies and never get any video image corruption but if I use mkvtoolnix its 50/50 if I get video error corruption.

has anyone been able to nail down what is causing this.

thanks