View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2018, 12:59   #7  |  Link
Seedmanc

Funny, while I learned to like W7 (after all I switched to it some 5-7 years ago and didn't really reinstall it since), and I'd never go back, I can understand OP because i'm having the same feelings now about W10 and how terrible it is compared to W7. Though mine might be caused by the fact that I have a very old W10 version and it might have gotten better since. But updates are cancer and bring destruction, so I avoid them, fortunately it's not my primary OS.
But that essentially means it's not a matter of a windows version but merely of breaking habits and switching from a well-tuned OS installation, molded after your own usage patterns to a new one that'll require a comparable amount of work to achieve a usable state. Something similar should happen when reinstalling the current OS from scratch as well, hence I'm not doing it at all. Besides there's the proper SSD support and that's important if you want to manage large videofiles.
Can't really comment on React other than it being a meme OS.

Somehow I've never heard of Virtual Store and it never bothered me in all these years. Looking at the folder now, it's empty. Maybe it was disabled in my bundle.
Not sure why'd you use Virtual Dub's editor instead of AvspMod, I dropped VDubMod's editor the moment I learned about the specialized one.

Any particular problems with the default ZIP handler other than it not displaying image thumbs? I use Pismo File Mounter when I need to access archive contents without extraction. I'd also recommend installing the Link Shell Extention to manage NTFS capabilities from inside the explorer.
Seedmanc is offline   Reply With Quote