View Single Post
Old 7th June 2018, 20:23   #27406  |  Link
ggtop

Forced sub extraction problem

Hi jdobbs,

I think I found a bug in the forced-sub-extraction-routine.
I'm doing alternate output into mp4 container.

First my understanding how it is designed:
During extraction step all sub tracks are demuxed. If FORCED_SUB_LANG (DEU;GER in my case) is set this or these sub streams are scanned for forced subs following this order and stream number down.
If forced subs are found they'll be put into the 9999 stream. And these come only from 1(!) stream.

Now I have a multipart source (Hancock) which has unfortunately forced subs in 2 GER subs streams (normal & director's comments). I think that's legal because always one is hidden in two different playlists. But that is not respected by BDRB (good idea btw).
Obviously the same approach as above takes place here. On each part of the multipart source the subs are scanned and the forced ones are extracted.
But in some parts the normal stream has no forced subs, but the director's comments has and those are now in the 9999 file.

A possible solution could be to remember the sub stream number from the first part where ALL forced subs were extracted to a 9999 file and to use only this stream for searching forced subs or to disable a stream completely from the stream tab. While writing I think the latter is a bad idea because I don't know if I need to keep a track before BDRD demuxed it and I can analyse it.

I hope you could follow my attempt to explain it.

If case you have an idea for a workaround I'm also fine with it as it seems to be a very rare case.

Thanks in advance,

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 7th June 2018 at 20:28.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote