View Single Post
Old 14th October 2018, 16:31   #27848  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Did you look at the VOB that I included? Mediainfo does not indicate variable frame rate. For a test, I used VideoReDo to also make a MKV file from reading the title from the DVD. It too resulted in mediainfo saying that it has a variable frame rate. Maybe there is something wrong with the MPEG-2 encoding on the DVD and not the fault of DVDFab, especially when another program gets it "wrong."

UPDATE: I took the VOB file and had TSMuxer create a TS file, keeping the pulldown flags. I then ran that through BDRB and guess what, the frame rate is 19.181 fps. No indication of variable frame rate via mediainfo.
I told you how to do it correctly -- I also pointed out why you had the issues... why do I want to keep pursuing a problem that is caused by something outside of my control?

I just used MKVMERGE to create an MKV out of the VOB. It indicates the framerate is variable. The bottom line is the source is corrupt. The 19.181fps represents the total number frames divided by the time -- which is a result of the variable framerate. MEDIAINFO can sometimes miss variable framerate, especially in atypical video files (like a VOB, which is rarely used without supporting external information). On a TS it doesn't even appear that MEDIAINFO even reports the "Frame Rate Mode". That's probably because TS has no indicator of a variable frame rate beyond the timestamps.

BD-RB can be forced to scan (IMPORT_VFR_SCAN=1) regardless of what MEDIAINFO says. But even then it will only do it when there is a "Frame Rate Mode" entry in the MEDIAINFO results.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th October 2018 at 16:49.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote