View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:11   #25854  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddäus View Post
I've been using BD Rebuilder for many discs during the last months and recognized that there's always more than 1 GB space left on a BD25 when I'm using the BD25 target size-preset. Sometimes there's even more left - last week I tried a backup of "Deepwater Horizon" and the output-size was only 20,9 GB so 10% of the disc space (should be around 23,1 GB) is still free.

Has someone tested BD Rebuilder with a custom-target size to use the whole capacity of a BD25? I'm using the highest quality-settings and two pass-encoding, so BD Rebuilder should be able to calculate the optimal bitrate and make the most of the availiable space. I'm only keeping the German and English audio-tracks in HD (if availiable) and do a backup of the full disc with all bonus features. I read about the problem in other boards and they were discussing that deleting some audio tracks can result in miscalculation of the target size. But in the case of "Deepwater Horizon" those two were the only audio-tracks availiable, so that can't be the reason for that big miscalculation BD Rebuilder did. Did someone recognize similar problems and is there a workaround for this (maybe a certain custom target size) to get the best results possible?
Yeah, that is pretty much what most of mine come out to also. Generally if I choose the BD-25 output size, no matter whether I'm using 'Fast' 2 Pass or 'High' 2 Pass, invariably the resulting encodes will be 22.1-22.5, sometimes 22.9. If I am really trying to squeeze an encode where it BARELY will fit, I usually select a custom size of about 23,700. But, even with that, most times the size is still 1 or 1 1.5 Gigs less than a full disc. If it's REALLY pushing it, I will try to go a bit more, but one time I tried 23,800 and it came out just a tad too big.

Of course, I've never been accused of playing with a full disc anyway...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote