View Single Post
Old 1st March 2010, 22:25   #1181  |  Link
shaban55

AVStoDVD 225 vs 226

Dear MrC,

I have just finished my first encodings with your tool and want to thank you thoroughly! Once configured the tasks just run smoothly through. The menu creation is just fabulous for a free tool!

I have many years of experience with avi and mkv encoding and DVD backup from virtualdub to Handbrake but with your tool and Hcenc I discovered the charm of DVD creation, mainly from my miniDV tapes.

I would like to contribute by feeding back some experiences that I collected with the versions 2.2.5 and 2.2.6.

I was not happy with 2.2.6 at all because I ran into the runtime error 383 described in the post from 3rd February.
With around 2.5h of material to encode the 2.2.6 chose Quenc. When I changed manually to Hcenc 2pass the output size calculation went down to only 2,2 GB.
The same happened when I exchanged one of the titles from the initial list for another.

I finally realized that the calculation of output size was stable when I did changes manually title by title, but with copying the properties from one title to the other it crashed and could not be restored. Maybe a "recalculate output size" function would be helpful.

The last thing I did was an 18 hours encode of a full 4450MB DVD with 11 titles from miniDVD. logfile and projectfile attached. I was very astonished that unexplainably the DVD is only 3,3 GB big!?

As this is my first post on that topic I hope it was not too confused.

Kind regards and AVStoDVD for the future (with Hcenc 0.24?)
Attached Files
File Type: 7z DVD_1.7z (7.3 KB, 37 views)
shaban55 is offline   Reply With Quote