View Single Post
Old 29th June 2008, 00:38   #23  |  Link
nitricpyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@nitricpyro

You're multitude of problems regarding "Becoming Jane", including your stated difficulty using MPEGMediator, convinced me to purchase the R1 version and "see for myself":I ripped the DVD using RipIt4Me (v.1.6.4) and compressed/converted using MPEGMediator v.1.5 and the "DivX :-) MPEG-4 Fast-Motion" codec (video) and .MP3 audio at 128Kbps.

The end result was a perfectly synchronized DivX-compressed video with no "extra frames" at either the beginning or the end...

BTW - You stated that you ripped this Title using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. In fact, as I speculated earlier, this Miramax release contains copy protection that neither of those programs can process. Therefore, would you please be good enough to explain this anomaly?
No, I can't... since the initial post, I've tried the rip with RipIt4Me and DVDFab 5. Same problem.

I've literally tried each of the following methods...

DVDFab 5 - DVD Shrink - MPEG Mediator - DivX (out of sync audio but it has to be "DivX-Audio" for any codec Minute up front, 2 hours in back)
DVDFab 5 - MPEG Mediator (again, has to be DivX-Audio and still has out of sync audio)
RipIt4Me - DVD Shrink - MPEG Mediator - DivX (out of sync etc. )
RipIt4Me - MPEG Mediator - (Out of sync, extra time, jumpy video)

I've even tried....
DVDFab 5 - DVD Shrink - VirtualDubMod - DivX - (out of sync)
DVDFab 5 - DVD Shrink - Gordion Knot (all all it's jazz) - (out of sync)
DVDFab 5 - Gordion Knot - DivX (out of sync)

RipIt4Me - DVD Shrink etc.
etc. etc.

With Mediator it just seems to think there is a ton of extra data! I don't know why! Argh!

This is why I'm so frustrated, things that should be working seem to not be. This seems to happen to about %30 of the videos I work on. Half the time I have to start the rip over because of an I/O error or something, or for some reason despite the settings I choosen the programs want to give me a 400 or so MB file when I'm looking for 4000 k or 4.3 Gb. Perhaps I should just format the computer and start over... I do have tons and tons of programs on here as well as tons and tons of codecs.

I even got a video started today that seems to be More delayed at the beginning than it is in the middle or the end. Not progressive, like slowing adding up, just like somewhere it suddenly goes from 5600ms delay to 4250ms delay.

Let me know if I can send you any logs, or whatnot, I've gotta have something wrong because I'm doing it right. Let me know.

However, you brought up a question, if I rip with a program that can handle the copy protection (ie. RipIt4Me or DVDFab 5) and then run it through a program that can't handle it, like DVD Shrink, will it "not get past the protection?". Am I undoing the bypass by running it through DVD Shrink? And why is it ALWAYS perfectly synced when I just play it through DVD Shrink?

Last edited by nitricpyro; 29th June 2008 at 21:46. Reason: Corrected name of program
nitricpyro is offline   Reply With Quote