View Single Post
Old 15th May 2019, 01:47   #28504  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
What do you mean by "original audio?" Provide examples of types of what you have in the MKV files. For original Blu-ray discs, the audio will the lossless type. DTS-HD or Dolby TrueHD.

When creating the MKV files, if you kept the original lossless audio, you will not be able to get that back if you convert to AAC. Even if you kept the lossy core when converting to MKV, converting that to AAC will cause the audio to be even lossier. Especially if you try and go back to DTS or DD. In other words, don't convert to AAC.
Thank you very much for your recomendation, and about the CRF what number to put there?

All this is because I have on my disc several MKVs that previously I make the backup but my budget donŽt let me to buy so many Bluray disc, so that MKVs like I said I wish to keep in that way (no problem with that) but if thereŽs is some option for reduce the size (I know IŽll get less quality than the original) but I have to be there some CRF number so IŽll can keep the most quality as possible?

I mean, in few words? I need this MKVs with the best quality that I can get but reduce the size

And if the MKV I can see some have DTS HD or DTS MA and I donŽt need that because I donŽt have a system audio, previously eventually IŽll convert that DTS MA to a DTS Core so I can get more video quality

Thank you for your pacience and I know now not AAC but know what CRF will helping me
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote