View Single Post
Old 17th June 2011, 18:07   #2  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuTPu4 View Post
Low latency
Code:
{threads=1,profile=main,preset=faster,tune=zerolatency,intra-refresh,weightp=1,keyint=30, \
min-keyint=5,deblock=-1:-2,fullrange=on,bitrate=1000}
This setup is almost useless for now. It has all of the shortcomings of the first setup but with considerably higher magnitudes. Namely a poor image quality, unstable framerate (I had got around continuous stuttering but frequent slowdowns and speedups are taking place as it described above) and most importantly the latency is still very high, around 2 second or even more (on LAN) so there is no practical gain of this setup.
How do you expect this to be "low latency"? There isn't even any bandwidth constraint whatsoever.

Furthermore, if there's latency on a LAN, have you checked your client settings? Most clients, Flash included, buffer large amounts by default unless you tell them not to.

Quote:
The problem is the quality is not as stable as I want it to be. In a highly-dynamic scene video sometimes stops for several seconds and then plays faster for several seconds.
This does not sound related to x264 in the slightest. Though it might be caused by the fact that you haven't given x264 any bandwidth limitations!

Quote:
I have tried to use lower deblock parameters hoping to overcome this problem but with no great success.
Lowering deblock parameters will not make the image "more crisp".

Last edited by Dark Shikari; 17th June 2011 at 18:10.
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote