View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 04:14   #7  |  Link
Oguignant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post

settings.bin
madVR's settings can be backed up or shared via a settings.bin file. My settings are optimized for the Nvidia 1080 Ti / Titan X (Pascal), Windows 10, and on my LG OLED55C7P 4K TV with profiles for SD, 720, 1080, UHD, and above. 3D is disabled. I use Max Quality but even the Heater settings.bin should never have dropped frames due to GPU performance if used with an overclocked 1080 Ti or better. Note that "low" still requires a decent GPU.

To use simply restore madVR to default settings and place the file in the madVR program directory. madVR will automatically create or update the file with new settings madVR if it has write access to its directory (e.g. not in "program files"). madVR will still use the registry to store these settings, along with any changes, without write access.

For madVR v0.92.10 or later:
Heater settings.bin
Max Quality settings.bin
Low Power settings.bin

Feedback is appreciated, especially for the low power settings.
Hi, Thanks for sharing!!!

Luckily, I have the same hardware configuration: Nvidia Aorus 1080 Ti Xtreme, Windows 10, and LG OLED55C7P 4K TV. The difference is that I have an Alienware 17r4 i7-7820hk laptop with Graphics Amplifier. (Video Bus: PCIe v3.0 x16 (8.0 GT/s) @ x4 (8.0 GT/s) is my limitation)

I had already set my own settings, but the rules I apply are more complicated because I do it by directory in addition to resulocion and frames. It is more complex, but it works better for me in this way, because it allows me to have, let's say it this way: the three settings: Heater settings, Max Quality settings and Low Power settings in one configuration.

After testing the 3 options (heater, max q and low power) I got excellent performance, modify some things in my scaling settings (like 4k 30fps) based on the Heater settings. (I always use NGU sharp/very high for 4k upscaling but now i replace it with Jinc, as in your settings)

All other processing and rendering settings are the same as yours.

Thks!!!!

Last edited by Oguignant; 7th May 2018 at 06:56.
Oguignant is offline   Reply With Quote