View Single Post
Old 12th September 2017, 08:31   #14345  |  Link
stax76

@madshi

I would like to request 0.1 intervals for the percentage status display/output.

Some years ago I suggested to use an alternative or additional mkv muxer because many people don't like to install directshow filters, configuring DirectShow and in general configuring and repairing Windows requires expertise many people don't have.

This summer I received a email with following content:

Quote:
Shit don’t work and it sucks.
I was mostly amused about it, two days ago I received something more concrete from the same kind person:

Quote:
So explain to me why is it you made 100 versions crappy with the haali filter, then I am telling everyone not to use it because of that stupid haali filter and now I see version 101 does not have it? You made me look like a fool, you are a pile of shit and I will love you track and hunt you down for literally being the shittiest developer on planet earth.
I don't know who this person is and these two mails is the only thing I ever heard from him, I do not reply such mails.

In staxrip Haali is optional even for eac3to usage and I didn't remove or change anything. For VC1 I think eac3to users need Haali because I don't think there is a avs/vs source filter that can handle raw VC1.

While staxrip supports many different tools and workflows eac3to is still popular and I always ensured it has the best possible support.