View Single Post
Old 4th July 2018, 22:29   #51623  |  Link
waldnebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
If it worked previously with the same equipment, it is driver issue. Before reinstalling your drivers or trying another driver version, visit the GPU control panel and see if there is a custom resolution in there. If there isn’t, try creating one manually and enter the values from madVR for one of the modes that used to work before.

If a custom resolution is already present, you need to wipe your drivers and reinstall them. Driver upgrades can break previous custom resolutions and they often can’t be deleted or overwritten.
I indeed see custom resolutions added by madVR in the control panel but it is not possible to edit them. After I set Standard to Manual and put all those values into the fields that test surprisingly accepts that modified resolution but if I come back to check those new values Standard is set to Automatic and probably edid values are used.

That custom resolution I can see in the GPU control panel is also not shown by the Custom Resolution Utility. Where exactly do I find them in CRU?
waldnebel is offline   Reply With Quote