View Single Post
Old 15th November 2016, 15:15   #25239  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
This has probably been asked but I couldn't find the answer to help me decide. The question is in setup under decoding/frame serving there are 4 choices the only two I have used are the top two "Use DirectshowSource for frame serving or Use X264's internal". Which one is better to use and a quick explanation of why, or even the last two (I've never used the last two) but maybe their better.

Thanks,
Shuttle99
I just keep it on DirectshowSource. There are lots of features that require that aren't supported via X264/LAVF, like iVTC, some resizing, adding/removing borders, etc. The truth is that if you have LAV filters or FFDSHOW installed, and something is set that requires it -- it is used even if you have selected X264/LAVF. The only reason to really use X264/LAVF is if it is faster on your computer. I think that's rare (at least to any significant effect). But if you get a few fps more -- then you might want to use it. The downside is that some recent changes in X264 seem to make it slower...

If you are using an Intel processor that is supported by the Intel SDK library, you may get some extra speed out of FRIM -- but it's really there to support 3D, and it gets set automatically for that when needed.

DGDecNV is probably the best choice for everyday use -- but it costs money (you have to buy a license). It also requires a supported Nvidia video card, and if you are using Win10 the list of supported cards has shrunken (many older cards don't work anymore).

Last edited by jdobbs; 15th November 2016 at 22:26.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote