View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 00:11   #10052  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
Why is 6500k incorrect?

BTW, I've tried to use madVR/yCMS for my setup (running a CRT projector, measuring with HCFR) and the results are not good. There seems to be a bug in the system somewhere, the whites are fluro green.

Options 2, 3 and 4 are not for the faint hearted/newbie.....
If the whites end up green then there is something quite strange going on indeed. What are the measurements you're pasting to the yCMS frame (in madVR)? If you're using your own .3dlut, it's quite possible you're mixing up YUV with RGB somewhere. Madshi changed how this works a while back, the new requirements for a .3dlut are:

Input: 8 bit integer, channel order: BGR, color space is the tagged input primaries (the ones in the meta data), gamma is 2.2 pure power curve, limited range, with chromatic adaption to D65.

Output: 16 bit integer, channel order: BGR, color space is your monitor's, gamma is your monitor's, limited range, with chromatic adaptation to the display's white point.

Edit: Forgot to answer your question, D65 is in fact approximately 6504K, not 6500K.

Last edited by nand chan; 11th October 2011 at 00:29.
nand chan is offline   Reply With Quote