Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2016, 23:41   #1777  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
Avisynth is going nowhere. He's what, the only person working on it? His code changes don't appear to be significant, I could be wrong but to me it seems pinterf has done more work on this branch than IanB has done on Avisynth recently, will Avisynth 2.7 ever come?

One can basically conclude that after 2.6, Avisynth is going nowhere fast. I guess it's a prime opportunity for Avisynth+ to take over, this was basically the intention wasn't it?
You are exaggerating a lot without checking your statements first. Note i'm not defending Avisynth here, i know that Avisynth+ has some nice features that Avisynth as not (and will not have in the short term).
Your last comment would have merit if several people would be working on Avisynth+ continuously (meaning without large breaks), but that's not really the case.

@Ultim, i talked with Ianb about that issue (size_t) more than a year ago, but he has a different opinion and won't revert those changes back. So that leaves us at a shitty situation with that many 64 bit plugins out there nowadays.