View Single Post
Old 13th November 2019, 22:37   #6  |  Link
surgical
Dopax

Well ...... first of all , thanks for answering.

The truth is that I think I haven't been fully successful in the way of formulating the question , or rather , I've been carried away by the naive dream ( especially after seeing the thread about the Zopti script ) of believing in the possibility of the existence of an "optimizer" of x264.

The problem , suppose , is that my eyes don't have the experience and training that , I believe , is necessary in these aspects (will I have estimated well the type and level of grain / noise? ... will have taken into account the complexities of the video source that can generate problems if I don't consider it in the coding? ....... etc .... etc ....) and that for many of you , with a lot of experience in video coding , don't represent more than a mere formality , but for people like me they represent a sea of doubts.

I think the right question should have been , how do I correctly train my visual perception to evaluate the different challenges that a video source can present to me and , consequently , how to address them correctly with the parameters that a codec like x264 offers me ?

In any case, again, thanks for your attention.
surgical is offline   Reply With Quote