View Single Post
Old 14th December 2018, 00:00   #1573  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlock View Post
1. Decoders: LameXP does not seem to detect an Opus (or Ogg, or other audio) stream inside a WebM container, claiming the file is invalid (it's uncommon to put Opus or Ogg inside a non-Ogg container, and LameXP presumably doesn't include a WebM decoder).
WebM is just a fancy name for VP8 or VP9 video with Vorbis or Opus audio stored in Matroska (MKV) container. But I agree that WebM input support would be much desired.

However, to the best of my knowledge, neither OggDec (official Vorbis decoder by Xiph.org) nor OpusDec (official Opus decoder by Xiph.org) support Matroska (MKV) files as input; only Xiph's own Ogg container is supported!

We probably could use "mkvextract" tool to demux the Vorbis or Opus track from the MKV container and have it stored as Ogg file, the we can invoke the OggDec or OpusDec decoder.

The problem here is that LameXP does not currently have a framework for performing an additional "demuxing" step before invoking the actual decoder; it is assumed we can select the suitable decoder for each file right away.

So, to make a long story short, this is quite doable, but would definitely require some general changes to the way how LameXP decodes input files. Not something I can do in the near term

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlock View Post
2. I like the Encoded with LameXP tag. However, I would rather it didn't overwrite an already-present informational tag when enabled. If I could remember to check the files prior to setting the metadata, I could ensure that wouldn't happen, but I often forget. A lot of musicians have bandcamp/etc. pages or other source or relevant data in that metadata tag.
Well, things currently work like this: Any meta tags that you specify on the "Meta Data" tab take precedence over that meta tags that are detected from the input file.

The string "Encoded with LameXP" just happens to be the default comment value on the "Meta Data" tab. You can simply clear that value, if you don't like the comment from the input file to be replaced.

So, to solve this, we would need an option to append the meta tags specified on the "Meta Data" tab to the existing tags, instead of taking precedence over them.

But we probably would need that this option can be toggled separately for each meta tag (line), because for most of the tags we probably do not want that they are appended...

(either that, or we come up with a completely different method to sneak the "Encoded with LameXP" string into the comment field)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 14th December 2018 at 00:09.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote