View Single Post
Old 25th October 2018, 13:28   #31  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Mani,
does you got this thingy here:- "acl_repair_utility_for_vista_7.zip", seems to have been from deviant art dead link.

[EDIT: When searching online,] I did find the God Mode thing (which I think I once found when I was using Vista for a very short time), is just a folder which if you open it, provides a quick access list of sys config shortcuts all in one place. Tested and works on both W7 and W10, does not work on XP.

ie Create folder on desktop (or wherever) called "admin.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" (excluding quotes),
thats it, enjoy your new deity status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
I strongly object to product revisions which change things just for the sake of changing them.
M$ probably feels that everything has to change so as to justify charging big bucks for a new OS, if it dont change, then
you would feel as you forked out lots of Wonga, just to get the same thing that you already had.
(What really hurts is when they change things & provide you with something sub par in comparison with pre existing functionality)

EDIT: It also provides them with questions for MCSE type exams (@ ~£100.00 each), eg "What is the new name for xxx in the fresh and exciting Windows zzz Ultimate ?". [MCSE Win2000 consisted of 7 exams @ £90.00 each circa 2004, so probably about £100 or more now].

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 25th October 2018 at 15:38.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote