View Single Post
Old 28th July 2011, 23:32   #9038  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybkma View Post
That was the first thing I noticed when I moved to Win7 from XP this month, that video playback with madVR was not nearly as smooth.
Now, that doesn't sound too reassuring...in a 24Hz multiple and all? TBH, mVR is so dead smooth on XPSP3 for me that I'm in really no hurry to reinvent the wheel. Besides, I can't seem to be able to find a W7-compatible software firewall that would match my requirements, duh.

The only real improvement for me could be the support of HPET, that in combination w/ Fidelizer would allow me to lower the OS timer granularity much lower than on XP. This would make everyone happy: Reclock, mVR and my audio apps...XP is really not meant for realtime use, even when using the ACPI timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
I sold off my C2Q parts for almost as much as I bought the i7 920 for. If money isn't for the things you want when you want them, what is it for? Do it Lee
Yeah, I've seen a second hand i7 920 for pretty cheap, but it's using a now obsolete 1366 socket...so if I get it, I won't be able to upgrade to a 2700K later on

Intel will be switching sockets within a few months again: http://www.legitreviews.com/news/11106/

Being a computer geek is a risky business, and zillions of them will be selling their 2700K for dead cheap shortly...I can wait

Last edited by leeperry; 29th July 2011 at 01:01.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote