View Single Post
Old 11th October 2011, 01:02   #10054  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
If the whites end up green then there is something quite strange going on indeed. What are the measurements you're pasting to the yCMS frame (in madVR)? If you're using your own .3dlut, it's quite possible you're mixing up YUV with RGB somewhere. Madshi changed how this works a while back, the new requirements for a .3dlut are:

Input: 8 bit integer, channel order: BGR, color space is the tagged input primaries (the ones in the meta data), gamma is 2.2 pure power curve, limited range, with chromatic adaption to D65.

Output: 16 bit integer, channel order: BGR, color space is your monitor's, gamma is your monitor's, limited range, with chromatic adaptation to the display's white point.

Edit: Forgot to answer your question, D65 is in fact approximately 6504K, not 6500K.
I was testing the integrated yCMS in the newer versions of madVR. You paste your measurements directly in from HCFR.

It's possible I made a mistake (there was one mistake I have corrected), as the direction of rows and columns is different - it's a painful process.

What I am really trying to say, is this is not easy, and frankly I'm not aware of anyone getting it working properly (correct me if I'm wrong.....PLEASE!!).

Oh, and 6504k vs 6500k....um....really? Even 6600k or 6400k are basically invisible to the naked eye without a reference....unless you are leeperry

My CRT projector's response is messy (even with hours spent tweaking the colours with HCFR and Gamma on the PC...it's...old..) and it still looks fantastic.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote