View Single Post
Old 11th March 2019, 05:56   #55281  |  Link
TheProfosist

I have gotten the stutter to stop but I had to default the settings for madVR which I was trying to avoid since I had spent some time getting my setting optimized and groups and shortcuts setup for my remote.

Now I need to rebuild my settings option by option and monitor for issues. @tp4tissue seemes like you have the settings for your 1060 nailed down think you could send some screenshots over or something just so I can see how yours compares to what I had?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
I read somewhere about a Windows 10 update that was affecting games and maybe video, did you just update ? change drivers etc...

The way you explain it is as if something has changed recently ?

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...ring-in-games/
Nah its been since I have moved to Win10. I also did a clean install not an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
Use D3D11 auto/native in LAV Filter.
Turn off SM in madVR.
Match refresh rates using madVR for all resolutions in 2160p only.
Add 2 blank folders to madVR install directory named ShowHdrMode and ShowRenderSteps.
Link a screen shot of your OSD.

Slow pans should be butter smooth with absolutely no hitches in the giddy up at all. No judder, no blur, no dropped/repeated frames. Nothing but bliss no matter the resolution. Opening scene of Cowboys and Aliens or opening credits of The Wrestler are my go to test subjects.

If I may ask why D3D11 in lavvideo not cuvid?

Also why no smooth motion? Comes in handy when there an odd framrate or something. Not a huge deal when on the HTPC with a TV since it has 23,25,29,50,59 but with the correct setting it won't activate unless needed

Also what are the folders for/what do they do?

and yes it should be butter smooth and not stutter at all this is the experience I have had and did up until my recent clean install to Win10 and upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Sounds like an OS/Driver issue. You should revert to your last good backup/System Restore point.
This is on a clean install with latest driver and build of Win10 so I could properly make use of the new hardware and software features.

I did carry over my madVR folder though in hopes that I wouldn't have to reconfigure it.
TheProfosist is offline   Reply With Quote