View Single Post
Old 7th December 2019, 19:03   #29040  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
LOL, who cares as long as people are happy with placebos …
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Placebos work. That's the reason so many "natural cures" are sold.

I'll take of a couple of these and reencode them with the borders that bring it up to 2160. I suspect that will fix the issue.

I have to say... I'm pretty impressed with the UHD blu-rays I've been watching since getting my UHD TV. It's more noticable than I thought it would be (on some discs, not all). Some of the reviews I read say that most people won't see the difference between HD and UHD from a normal viewing distance. But to me it looks more crisp (from about 10 feet where I usually watch).

But then again... there's always the placebo effect.
The body can do its own healing very, very well without intervention. I saw much of this so far. But there are times when intervention is required. I can also still see some differences in upscaling from DVD to 720P, but it's becoming more challenging when it's happening with hardware.

I still adore 1080P, but I don't really embrace the 4K thing as so many. Yes, video looks larger, from my phone, yes, outside video of events and nature are really sweet that way. But movies and T.V. shows where there are a lot of makeup and and all that...acne, and stuff...I don't see any reason for that to be really huge. Now, you present Mars photos that large, and other pictures of our planets...I'm alllllllll in! I want to see all that very clearly. I guess it's a "catch 22" to me. Hmm..