View Single Post
Old 29th August 2016, 17:43   #4  |  Link
magiblot
Eurobeat Fan

Thanks TheFluff for your advise. However, if I intend to make a new rip of this movie, I have no other choice than using this PAL source as of now: I can't find an uploaded ISO of the NTSC release (which means I am not going to pay for more material).

There are some other rips avaiable, but as I have stated in my first post, I still have little knowledge about inverse telecining, and therefore this project is useful to me because I can learn from it. I have two options:

* Keep believing that inverse telecine can be performed just by tweaking Anime_IVTC parameters, and in case it doesn't work, blame the source.

* Ask the doom9 guys and see what they come up with. Then, understand why their methods are effective against the problem and get an idea of how the whole thing works. Later, I will be able to solve similar problems on my own and tell others how it's done.

Still, I can understand that in this case the most reasonable solution would be getting an NTSC source. In fact, I already have another rip that will probably look better. But my main purpose is to learn, because I believe in Avisynth potential, and I want to know how far I can go with it.

And thanks real.finder for your suggestion. I'll give it a try in a moment.

EDIT: Where do I get sanimebob() from? I am already using the version of Anime_IVTC linked in your signature, I think.

Last edited by magiblot; 29th August 2016 at 17:50.
magiblot is offline   Reply With Quote