View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2017, 00:56   #25529  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Since the repeated frame might change at scene changes or cuts, I use Decimate(cycle=5) or tDecimate() depending upon the selection in the INI file.
Because my files are from the 1080p23.976 sub-masters, the repeat frame cadence is intact throughout the file. When I edit the file, with VideoReDo, to tighten up the commercial blacks, I remove frames in groups of 5, so that the cadence is kept. That way the selectevery() won't have an issue.

Using selectevery() with BDRB is possible, only if the user knows which frame is the first of the two repeat frames, and there is an INI setting for it. Not worth doing though.

The repeated frame should never change at scene changes. All scripted shows are produced/edited at 23.976. So, when converted to 2:3 pulldown or repeat frame, the cadence of either is kept throughout the telecined file. Only when commercials are added during play out can the cadence be lost. That is where editing programs like VideoReDo can allow you to edit telecined sources and get back the repeat frame cadence. But, my files do not have commercials, so that isn't a problem.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote