View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2020, 06:35   #29793  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
One thing that might cause that: Did you import the file before NVENCC was implemented in BD-RB and then use NVENCC for the encode? If so, the NVENCC adjustments wouldn't be found in the PSEUDO.INF file (created during import) and the resizing and/or padding wouldn't occur.

Just throwing out possibilities.
Hmmm, thanks for the thought, but no... I just simply took the MKV file, used TSMuxer to convert it to a BDMV/CERT format, then used that as the source like I would any ripped Blu-ray for BDRB. I then set the size output slightly smaller so that it would force a re-encode (the original size of the BDMV folder was around 18 Gigs. I used the LAV internal encoder as usual. I didn't change anything that I normally would do.

No biggie really, as long as I know now that BDRB will not automatically detect the improper AR within the BDMV folder, I will just add the AVS script from now on if I have to do that. I don't do that very often, only when I have a pretty high resolution file that has the lossless audio (I know, I know... ) but I want to convert the video to a playable Blu-ray format.

It just occurred to me too that maybe if I just simply imported the original MKV file into BDRB and let IT created the pseudo BDMV folder, then perhaps it would detect the non-compliant AR in the MKV file. I guess I was just trying to skip having BDRB do that step.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote