View Single Post
Old 4th August 2020, 15:03   #29799  |  Link
cartman0208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
On a side note, with my new build everything works really well, except when I try to utilize more of the CPU. I wonder if the Ryzen 5's are known easily to over heat? It's ONLY when I try to do an encode which of course tries to utilize most of the CPU. If it is running full out at 90%+ it gradually gets hotter and hotter until it reaches about 90 degrees and shuts the computer off. The case I got has FIVE bloody fans in it too for Goodness sake! With a huge one on the side to draw in cooler air. I'm taking it back in to where they built it, and as an added help I bought an after market CPU cooler. But, it really shouldn't be doing that anyway.
It's like cars with a lot of power and crappy tires ... can't get the power on the street
One hint I can give: thermal conductive paste, not too little, not too much...
If the heat from the CPU cant get to the heat spreader you can have the best cooling solution ever but it won't cool.

I, personally, use AIO watercoolers ... easy setup, lots of space left in the case, way cooler than all the aircoolers I had and not even that expensive...
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote