View Single Post
Old 12th July 2018, 16:08   #41  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
There are indeed risks with downloading DLLs from unknown sources. However, one needs to do special work to run code in a DLL, it won't happen automatically, and most viruses within DLLs will be auto-detected by a good anti-virus.

Running a Python script by double-clicking on a file (for users who may not even know what VapourSynth is), however, can seriously limit the adaptation of VapourSynth. If that's the reason FFMPEG hasn't added native support for it, then I fully understand. In a business or production environment, have to be *VERY* careful where the scripts are coming from and where they are running. I don't think many people realize that. I also don't think Kaspersky will scan the Python raw script for malicious code.

I would say that this, combined with the lack of audio support, are the 2 things most limiting the adaptation of VapourSynth.
In Avisynth, all you have to do is get someone to load your DLL by saying it does something cool, and it turns out that pretty much everyone would. You can't even inspect that without being an expert programmer/reverser.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote