View Single Post
Old 29th April 2008, 01:34   #63  |  Link
rberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm View Post
Avidemux is also worth trying, although it's more GUI-oriented. At least it can output MP4 properly
Right, thanks for the reminder. I looked at avidemux at one point during the past weeks, but wasn't that much impressed, don't ask me why.

Also, I silently assumed it would link against ffmpeg libraries anyways and hence offer no real functional advantage compared to mplayer. Doesn't seem to be the case though, albeit I'm not yet completely sure about that. If they really maintain own muxers working better than the ffmpeg variants, that would definitely be great (although I have a distinct feeling that linking against gpac would be the best thing all these projects could do, as it appears to be the most advanced and robust mp4 muxer).

Considering avidemux offers a CLI, which escaped me the other day, and they advertise scriptability, I'm almost ready to get a little excited.

If anybody shared their avidemux experiences, especially regarding AVC/AAC coding and MP4 muxing, I would sure appreciate it.
rberger is offline   Reply With Quote