View Single Post
Old 11th January 2019, 15:51   #16559  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Maybe it would be best to HQDN3D out since it is not 10bit (from my understanding) and just add mdegrain3 as you will not have to add any other tools, and just change the options generated in the video script.

Actually, that sounds like a good idea to me. If possible, can you change the denoiser to allow selecting mdegrain, then the toggle arrows to select mdegrain1-6 (if using 2.7) and defaulting to mdegrain2 and adding the toggle arrows or a input box for the thSAD= parameter with a default of 200. If toggle arrows, change the amount by increments of 25.
I'm almost always having to change the thSAD value anytime I choose to use mdegrain. Super heavy noise such as in Blade Runner 4K, I choose 600. For light denoising I'll choose 100. Normal denoising for most content I choose 150-200.

I really think only mdegrain2-3 is necessary. But I'm sure, someone down the line, will ask for 4+

Oh, and add mdegrain* to the advanced setting "Limit to the following filters only"
You can already use the other MDegrain modes. I use MDegrain3 a lot. The only catch is you need to add it as a custom script. I've posted such scripts several times in this thread.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote