View Single Post
Old 26th July 2009, 12:33   #11  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Going for DVD it's easy as ABC.

Load your .TS file into ProjectX and remux it to MPEG-2 or to elementary streams (according to the authoring program needs, some want MPEG files, others want elementary streams). My internet computer (this one) is far far away from my video PC, so I cannot give you the exact settings and/or steps. However,go to doom9.org (not the forum), browse for ProjectX and you'll find the guides.

ProjectX can also demux the subtitles from the teletext pages (I think 888 in the UK) so you can have the subtitles too, if you're intested in.

Now remux the whole stuff in IfoEdit (option author a new dvd in the top menu) and burn it on a DVD. If you want more movies, you can repeat the steps and use another freeware menu maker called DVD author gui.

Since I've recently learned that there are long GOPs in some programs, it would be nice to burn a DVDRW just to check up if you have problems or not.

In the case the frame size is not 720 nor 704 but 544 or 480, you have to use a DVD patcher to modifiy the first header to 720 (some authoring programs may complain), import it in that program, author the dvd, then repatch the file again to its original specs.

Last edited by Ghitulescu; 26th July 2009 at 12:35.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote