View Single Post
Old 24th September 2020, 16:54   #1839  |  Link
NoTechi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyVee View Post
Am I giving anything up in MadVR by going with AMD over Nvidia from a MadVR perspective?
Same as QB and I am coming from a 1080. As for madvr I did not had to change any settings when switching to the 5700XT (I never used send Bt2020 with my JVC 7900).

Upgrading the gpu with more power for madvr might be still beneficial but I doubt it would be a big wow effect and most non pixel counting users most likely would not even recognize it

Next to already mentioned still supported 3D I just recently discovered that AMD driver has a build in support (ReLive for VR) to enable VR glasses like my Oculus Quest headset to play PC VR games like Half Live wirelessly which works really great and is an additional plus on the AMD side in regards to my personal needs.

If I would update it would be just for gaming and most likely it would be one of the upcoming AMDs. Being able to use higher settings in madvr would be just a side effect. But to be honest I am not in a hurry since I am really happy with my setup atm

NoTechi
NoTechi is offline   Reply With Quote