View Single Post
Old 18th April 2015, 23:37   #4  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomleox99 View Post
In both cases, the video is enconded with MeGUI, Preset Slower, Tune Animation and a Bit Rate of 515kbps. The audio of the BLACK file has a Bit Rate of 48kbps. I configured Windows Explorer so I can see this data in columns as you can see in the first image.
48 means 48kHz. It's the audio sampling rate (the number of times the audio is sampled per second), not the bitrate. Think of it in terms of CD audio or wave files. A 44.1kHz stereo wave file has a sample rate of 44.1kHz and a bitrate of 1411kbps.
If the audio is compressed, such as MP3 or AC3 etc, the bitrate and sample rate don't directly relate to each other. You can have a 128kbps/48Khz MP3 ore a 320kbps/48kHz MP3 etc.

Quote:
So this is the thing: WHY WINDOWS SHOWS A BIT RATE OF 514KBPS FOR THE BLACK FILE AND FOR THE GREEN ONE SHOWS 515KBPS??
I assume because it's only showing the video bitrate.

Quote:
YOU CAN SEE IN THE FIRST IMAGE THAT SOME OTHER FILES HAVE AUDIO, SOME OTHERS NOT, AND IN SOME CASES WINDOWS SHOWS 515 OR 514.

WHY? WHY WINDOWS SHOWS A WRONG BIT RATE SOMETIMES WHILE MEDIAINFO SHOWS THE CORRECT BIT RATE?
Just because you specify a particular bitrate doesn't mean you'll get exactly that birate. Being "off" by a few kbps wouldn't be unusual. How do you know MediaInfo is displaying the exact bitrate?

Try Bitrate Viewer.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote