View Single Post
Old 10th March 2019, 20:26   #28414  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I have attempted many times to enjoy the "modern" look. Flat, bland colors are good for an older OS before pizzazz was possible. I like the correct "Window" logo vs ?colored windows? logo (WHO puts "Wallpaper" over a Window anyway? A lot of hidden activity in the background also; lots of snooping.) No one from the State, of Federal where I live enjoys it. Most people I know deal with it because they aren't "tech enough to remove it". Now our Phones look like it. Anyway, I dig changes - not Loseer10. My son works at Intel and has told me a lot also. I would obliterate the tiles/Browser incorporation..not remove them. At least Windows 7 control panel is still there last time I checked. Auto-Updates are also...lame-as-the-figment.

Making Windows 10 mandatory...also excludes a large part of the population that doesn't dig, like, or even want to use it. Windows 10 was not introduced as a transition, it was forced. Bad, MS...*spanking*.

Anyway, when JD returns, I'm excited for new videos being supported. Taking some videos with my S9, I noticed some challenges as others have. Found work-around but... I'm laughing because now I'm also interested in the UHD support (camera).
I've been quite happy with W8 which I've had since it came out. I know it's kind of a bastardized version since Windows I believe now only recognizes 8.1 Everything has always run simply and smoothly. I DO use Classic Start Menu for the Retro look and it gives you a crapload of options for how Explorer looks and works. And, of COURSE the very first thing I had the guy do who was building my computer at the time and going from W7 to W8 was IMMEDIATELY eliminate all the tiles! But, to be fair, I've never tried W10, and for all I know it could run better or faster. Just REALLY don't like changing my OS.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote