View Single Post
Old 10th January 2011, 09:03   #5  |  Link
GG-Xtreme

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been busy.

So I tried what sneaker_ger suggested, sticking with FFDshow. The result was great, except...
this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=158930

I am running into an even worse version of that problem: none of my videos will manually seek past 3:25 without crashing my Samsung Captivate (using ANY Android video player that relies on hardware acceleration). On top of that, none of my videos will play all the way through. At some random time in the video (different every single time), I get an error saying "Sorry, the video cannot be played", then the video frame freezes while the audio continues in the background.

The only difference between the videos giving me issues in the other thread and these videos is the converted fps in these videos (the ones in the other thread were already a constant 23.976fps) and the resolution (these vids are 640x480, the ones in my other thread were 800x450).

I'm very confused and lost, especially since I've only had seeking issues with videos I've encoded and muxed into MP4's using AviSynth and FFDshow (the original MKV's play and seek fine on my phone, although they will be out of sync if they are not 23.976 constant framerate). I've even tried 2 different computers for encoding and 2 different phones for playback

I'm going to give ffmpegsource a try and see if I get the same problems.
GG-Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote