View Single Post
Old 15th October 2018, 23:30   #7  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

I used MKVToolNix as you suggested. Then I ran ffmpeg, and it did come up with a few DTS errors at the start, and a lot at the end, but otherwise it seems to have worked! The audio stays in sync the whole way through.

The only remaining issue it that both VLC and MPC-HC have trouble playing the end credits, which are the only part of the video which is interlaced. Both players deinterlace by default, but the credits stutter. When I load it into VirtualDub2, it identifies a lot of frames (which it fails on/displays as dupes of the last good frame) in the credits as [+] type, (instead of P, B, I, or K).

Here's a short sample, if you want to take look:

http://horman.net/credits.ts

It includes a bit of the final scene which should playback okay before the credits start. I haven't included the whole credits, but as soon as the interlaced text disappears off the top of the screen, the background swirl plays normally again, as does the whole "Next Time" teaser. I guess i could reencode the credits and join them on, but I also can't guarantee there aren't such "bad" frames elsewhere in this or any other episode.

Thanks for your help!