View Single Post
Old 12th October 2017, 16:20   #46513  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Hmmmm... Might make sense. FWIW, the profiles already support "MPEG2", "VC-1" and "h264" as boolean checks. So I think I don't need to include this in such a "quality" value. "bitDepth" is available, too. I don't know the bitrate, and I'm not sure that LAV can export this easily? Is the video bitrate information available to the splitter/decoder? I suppose I could make the file size and duration available, or an estimated bitrate based on the file size vs duration, but I'm not sure how reliable that would be because you could have e.g. a low bitrate MPEG2 video with a PCM audio track.

Thoughts?
Having the user do the calculations manually would be unfeasible, except for maybe a select few here. Most newcomers already struggle with creating simple resolution based preset scripts.

Hence the idea to move the intelligence and complexity into madvr itself, and provide a single value that can be used as an indicator for video quality.

MediaInfo can show which % of the file is video data. I checked a few files and those were between 75 and 95. So lets assume on average 85% of the file is video. It doesn't need to be super accurate.
Or maybe just subtract audio stream sizes. Those usually have a known (average) bitrate. Subtitles have negligible size.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote