View Single Post
Old 9th April 2017, 23:15   #25824  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denner View Post
Just tried a DirectshowSource encode, no problems at all, no x264 crashing, but problem is that both first and second pass are way slower than using x264 LAVF, is there any way of settin up BD-Rebuilder so that it can mach the encoding speed achieved by x264 LAVF ?

If not what is the fastest setting when not using x264 LAVF ?

Also tried replacing the x264L-64 with the x264 version RipBot is using and just renamed it to x264L-64, and encoding with that version of x264 using x264/LAVF as fremserver caused no crashing, ut it had a painfully slow first pass with around 40fps and with the original x264L-64 i get aroud 160fps in the first pass.....
That's the reason a different version is used. Something has changed in X264 that makes the use of LAVF extremely slow. So I used one of the old versions for X264/LAVF encoding. You could try other old version (look at the version of X264L-64 in BD-RB and work back from there).

My own tests of X264 don't show much difference between X264/LAVF and DirectshowSource -- but different processors can make a big difference.