View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:33   #23  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

abolibibelot,

Can you down the SawBones_1-5_Beta.zip from Sendspace (link below this post), and give it a whirl.

I may have fixed the AZERTY keyboard probs (hopefully, and for QWERTZ [German] etc too).

I should have been wrapping non special keys in {} I think, to have it convert for various keyboards.
(Not 100% sure by any means but it stands some chance of working I think).

NOTE, I've been experiencing problems with VirtualDubFilterMod when sending the "Save & Refresh" sequence,
Save NotePad Command.txt file [EDIT: works fine], and then sending 'F5' key to VirtualDubFilteRMod's open Script Editor window.
It refuses to refresh, unless the window is visible, ie not minimised onto the taskbar, its not a big deal, you just
have to make the script editor window tiny and bung it up next to the NotePad window, then it all works ok.
(It used to work ok on taskbar, I think).

Can you check that all key combos are working please, and I'll put up a non beta (after I finally do get some sleep).

Yawn

EDIT: This is the AutoIt snippet that does not save & refresh, (maybe 'Shekh the magnificent' is watching)

Code:
Global Const $ScriptTitle = "[CLASS:birdyAVSEditor]"                 ; VirtualDubFilterMod Script Editor Window
Global Const $ScriptControl ="[CLASS:Scintilla; INSTANCE:1]"

Func NotepadSave()
    ControlSend($EdTitle, "", $EditControl, "^s" , 0) ; Send CTRL/S to NotePad, ie Save (FileSelector pop-up if not named)
    If NOT WinExists($ScriptTitle) Then
        ToolTip("Sending NotePad Save ONLY")
    Else
        ControlSend($ScriptTitle, "", $ScriptControl, "{F5}" , 0)   ; Send F5, save File and  Refresh to VirtualDubFilterMod Script Editor
        ToolTip("Sending ScriptEditor Save & Refresh")
    EndIf
    $ShowCnt = $ShowCntLimit * 4
Endfunc
EDIT: It does present the tooltip marked above in blue, but does not refresh when on taskbar. EDIT: script editor does not respond to the F5 key.

EDIT: It should also put up an alert and abort if cannot set a [EDIT: Global, ie system wide] HotKey, and say which sequence failed,
so you can check to see what is using the hotkey (they cannot be replaced, and sometimes you cannot find what
is using a hotkey. No programs seem to exist that can tell what sets any particular [EDIT: system wide] hotkey).
I guess that the only way to find out is to press the hotkey sequence and see what pops up.
But, seems impossible to enumerate all used hotkeys and show what is using them.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 3rd January 2018 at 09:21.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote