View Single Post
Old 8th November 2017, 21:24   #4  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Emulgator: Thanks for your reply . As I attempted to answer your question I discovered that the issue seemingly isn't with Pazera but is with the number of channels the audio has. When I changed how I downmixed my source audios (from Nero-MeGUI to Pazera) I also changed from downmixing multichannel sources to Dolby Pro Logic II to keeping the original number of channels. I'd forgotten this fact . So, after running a number of tests I've learned that, regardless of using Nero-MeGUI or Pazera for the downmixing, Avidemux will play an .mkv or .mp4 with stereo audio just fine but spit out the error message "Trouble initializing audio device" if the audio is multichannel, then play the video without sound upon clicking "OK". At least Avidemux doesn't crash anymore . Do you think it could be as simple as Avidemux only handling stereo audio or me lacking a codec?

Edit: From the Avidemux Wikipedia page: "Avidemux was written from scratch, but additional code from FFmpeg, MPlayer, Transcode and Avisynth has been used on occasion as well. Nonetheless it is a completely standalone program that does not require any other programs to read, decode, or encode other than itself."

EditEdit: With a new error message I did some more searching. I tried reverting to the 32-bit version but it didn't work and I tried multiple portable versions that didn't work. Finally, however, the portable version of Avidemux 2.7.0 at PortableApps works just fine. I've no idea why, but it works. Anyway, Emulgator, thank you very much for pointing me in the right directon, I really appreciate it .

P.S.--If anyone can offer possibilities as to why this portable version works I'd be very curious to read them.

Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 8th November 2017 at 23:35.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote