View Single Post
Old 17th March 2018, 23:31   #27156  |  Link
kufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The first instance of that issue was fixed. But then I found another sync problem. That one was fixed (but only kinda'). I've found that I can't get TSMUXER to properly mux an X265 stream that has closed GOPs. When it does, it is way out of sync. So I used open GOPs... unfortunately, though, something happens that causes the video to start/stop at about halfway through the movie when I use that stream. If you mux just the video it plays back fine -- but for some reason it doesn't work properly when I keep the audio too. Interestingly, the original stream muxes and plays fine with or without audio when muxed by TSMUXER. So it has something to do with the new stream created by X265... it could be a setting, but I've been going through virtually every possible iteration of settings with X265 and haven't found a magic bullet yet.

Honestly I've been close to tearing my hair out a few times... I guess I need to find another HEVC encoder just to see if it is TSMUXER, or X265, or the settings that is/are at fault. But since the orginal stream seems to work fine, I suspect X265 or its settings to be the issue (or at least it's interaction with TSMUXER).
Hello jdobbs! Thank you for your prompt reply. I had already thought of X265 because I still had the X264 error in the back of my mind. You may remember it. I had X264 from an old BD Rebuilder version inserted and the error was gone. Maybe an older version of X265 is better compatible with TSMUXER?
It would be worth a try, I think.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote