View Single Post
Old 6th February 2015, 03:44   #21  |  Link
flyvholm
Semper Tiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
If people see sparkly artifacts because they've got their sharpness maxed out, or some other picture processing, I guarantee that they're seeing the same artifacts across everything else they watch anyway, so they'd be used to it. It's not worth worrying about.
My film is mostly aurora footage, meaning high ISO, low light, subtle gradients across the sky. By it's nature it's unusually susceptible to artifacts, so I'm afraid it's quite possible that poorly adjusted TVs can show most content ok while pushing this footage over the edge. However, I can't shed the feeling that the issues my friend is seeing are not just down to poor TVs. I used to live same place he does and showed my aurora footage on misc HDTVs without issues. In any case, I do want to find out what's at fault and how widespread the problem is, reason being that I must try to make my digital download look acceptable to as many users as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
MCTD doesn't blur motion. You should give it a shot. It's very powerful.
It does look promising, and I'm looking forward to seeing results. Unfortunately my first attempts resulted in VirtualDub crashing or running out of memory, but that will be a subject for another thread if I can't solve it.
flyvholm is offline   Reply With Quote