View Single Post
Old 11th April 2019, 10:28   #55677  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
Should be enough to put the OLED in "wide" mode. No need to check "report BT.2020...". "Wide" is the LG's native gamut.
Thanks, I didn't get that far yet, I have other issues I use Auto now, and it correctly switches to bt.2020 mode with "report BT.2020..." checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
Really best to do this with LUTs, though. Calibrate with the TV in "wide", then create a LUT for all available SDR slots in madVR.
I don't think that's necessary: I only want to create 1 3dlut for DCI-P3 slot and madVR will do all the necessary conversions. (Actually I'll create 2 for this: 1 for night and 1 for day usage and switching them in a script using hardlinks.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yok833 View Post
I have an LG OLED 2017 and i would like to know if the last experimentals builds of madvr and measurment file can improve the tone mapping of my tv or is it mainly reserved for videoprojector ?
No, you can use it with any SDR capable display as well (e.g. with your oled).
Whether it's better than the TV's conversion, that I don't know, you have to judge this. 1 thing for sure, since you want to use your TV in SDR mode, you will treat your TV better (way lower oled light setting).

Quote:
What would be the right "min target / real display peak nits" for an oled ? Do I need tick "output video in HDR format" ?
Go back couple of pages on that thread, multiple users attached screenshots of their settings (based on their real display nits).

Quote:
With the settings of my tv do I need to turn off the "dynamic contrast" to let madvr tone mapping do is job ?
In general, you want to turn off every "stupid" TV processing/feature, including the mentioned one as well; but leave RealCinema On.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
It is possible with the 8 series and above though yeah?
No, you can't.