View Single Post
Old 1st November 2018, 08:22   #95  |  Link
Seedmanc

Quote:
Are you using it primarily for comparing total SSIM of two clips and/or also to see how they change visually?
Yes, that's how I use it mostly, before AvsOptim I was using it a lot to manually analyze the effect of each parameter. It has a lot of various metrics available.
Quote:
Oh, but I meant that the 0.9564 frame was better
I can't really say how it's better, isn't the quality of framerate upsampling determined by how correct the vectors are? And by correctness I mean how well they converge to a middle point in time between the two existing frames. In 0.956 case you can see that they don't really converge, instead of a single finger you see 3, meanwhile on 0.9555 it's more or less one. This is my primary measurement of visual quality, to see how well the fast-moving objects are treated.
I can figure out the script for single upsampling, thanks.
About negative values, when I was introducing negative badRange somehow the notion of -50..50 didn't work, so I wasn't trying it anymore (well it would actually be a wrong way for that particular parameter). Try and see if negative ranges work for you with scaleCSAD.

As I mentioned, each tab consists of log values from 3 runs of 3000 iterations together. The leftmost column has all the log values, I only removed the header and sorted by SSIM. Yes, Full2 was one of the earliest.
I've switched to SPEA2 around time when MVtools bugs were discussed, so I'm using that now.
Seedmanc is offline   Reply With Quote