View Single Post
Old 5th January 2010, 18:38   #1  |  Link
hopsta

How to save DVD's at the highest quality on a PC? And make it compatible with PS3?

SHORT VERSION:

-How to save DVD movies / TV series, in the highest possible video and audio format
-Is this format compatible with PS3 media sharing?
-If no, is there a way around this?
-If no, what format would be best for the PS3?

DETAILED VERSION:

I have quite a few DVD's (movies and TV Series) and would like to back them up onto my PC.

I know how to create an image of the DVD so that is not a problem. Backup complete.

But I would also like to save them in a playable format that I do not have to mount with just the main content. I want the best possible quality video AND audio. Preferably in a way that I can still have things like subtitles, multi-angle (I know there is not a lot of content like this but I like to be ready if things change in the future), but these are not essential.

I would also like to be able to play them on my PS3 via media sharing (already set up), but the format needs to be compatible (unless there is another way of using a non-compatible file type). If it is not possible to have both highest quality and PS3 format I will save the DVD as another format. Please advise on what would be best for this.

I think it goes without saying that disk space is not a problem as I am willing to save 3 copies of a film onto my PC (ISO, highest quality & PS3 compatible versions)
hopsta is offline   Reply With Quote