View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:56   #1012  |  Link
Janusz

@Nikse555
To report a mistake.
Occurs since beta 119, beta 112 works fine.

The previously reported bug in beta 123 and later concerned a missing dictionary.
Because I rarely use "Prompt for unknown words" so the option was not enabled and was not checked.

In my previous thread I used "Binary image compare" so I didn't notice this error.
Today I returned to nOCR. My Settings: for the function to work, the dictionary must be selected so it is selected.
"Draw missing texts" - disabled so that the program does not call for every new unknown letter.
( Even for this function of the program it is worth using nOCR ).
"Prompt for unknown words" - enabled.
"Fix OCR errors" - disabled - OCR does not use user files.
"Try to guess unknown words" - does not matter with "Fix ..." = disabled. It doesn't work though it's turned on.

Start OCR begins to process the text until it encounters the first unknown word.
With a well-constructed character base, it will be a word not in the dictionary, otherwise an unrecognized character in the word.
The process calls the "Spell check" window. "Skip one", "Skip all", "Abort" causes an error window to be called:

Depending on what we choose, we will return to Windows - the program will crash or to the Program.
I checked on various sup files, including those available from this forum.

@Tormento
Quote:
I don't usually use it because I trained OCR so well that I can postprocess Il after OCR and have a faster job.
Perhaps you could only implement the OCR patch with OCR errors and not recognize the word dictionary.
I do not use "Fix common OCR errors - also use hard-coded rules" because this option does something more than just what results from its name - especially when it comes to Il and iL. For this reason I do not use "I" in the character database. I have definitely fewer mistakes to improve, at least I know which ones.
My assumption is that changes made for English should not affect other languages ​​available in the program.

Last edited by Janusz; 23rd May 2020 at 13:34.
Janusz is offline   Reply With Quote