View Single Post
Old 17th September 2011, 09:07   #52  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
Since ffdshow is licensed under the GPL and you are distributing modified builds of it, I think you are required to make the source available regardless of anyone requesting it or not. At least that's the point of view a certain moderator on this forum took with my work in the past.
I didn't contact CLSID (ffdshow's admin) about when and if I can integrate my ffdshow changes into the ffdshow source control in SourceForge.
BTW, the changes to ffdshow itself are small and trivial - just add a new decoder and assign it H264/MPEG2/VC1.
The majority of my code (a decoder DLL) should be on its own and I'm not sure what's the best way to post it's code. The most generic solution would be to create a separate project in SourceForge or another depository and have ffdhsow use it as an external lib (like it uses other decoders).
I'd like the decoder DLL to be LGPL not GPL so it can be used in any project (open or closed source).

ATM, it's much easier for me to have a single VC2010 solution and develop on it. The entire ffdshow source code is ~60MB zip and it's a little big to post, so I don't post it. My DLL's source code is ~130K and I have no problems sending it to anyone.

I'm not an expert in these matters and I'd be happy to get suggestions on the matter - both technical and legal.
Intel Corp.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote