View Single Post
Old 27th December 2017, 23:24   #26851  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I have it, but have no reason to do anything with the content.

One does not IVTC and de-interlace at the same time. It is one or the other. If you de-interlace, you can't IVTC and if you IVTC, there is nothing to de-interlace.
I got it without the repeat. I thought that to be so. :-)

Quote:
UPDATE: I took the first chapter of the pilot and ran it through my script to IVTC it and recode to H.264 (720x480p23.976 16:9). I used 4Mbps, 2-pass. The result looked really good, considering the 6Mbps MPEG-2 source.

I did have an issue in that the encoder doesn't seem to like 480i video (MPEG-2 or H.264), as it results in a green bar at the bottom of the image. But, as a test, I resized the video to 1020x1080 before recoding and the same green bar is there. The upscaled video looked damn good, again considering the source. So, it isn't the encoder, but the filter that does the IVTC work. Yep, it was the AVS filter set that I used. I changed to a different one and all was well.

Bottom line, I had no trouble doing IVTC to 23.976 and recoding to H.264.
I'm not using a special script, but rather the normal stuff from BD-RB. From ripped DVD it's being imported as 16:9 which it should be. But the PSEUDO file created after import plays choppy. I haven't looked into why yet.
Once processed by way of High Speed BD25 rerender, the resolution remains but the IVTC leaves some clues that it wasn't completely done. I can see remaining effects in the pipes above the door as the Camera moves around the people at the table. Then, later 1 hour and 21 minutes in through the next minute, I can see more effects on the wings of the ship. These are some sample of not being "smooth". I agree that it LOOKS pretty good, and I know I'm being a bit picky..haha! But there should be a way to make a totally clean video, correct?
When I use the option to upscale to 1280x720 it looks very good, but also still leaves some effects.

When I use VideoReDo (TVSuite) 5.3.80.....and join the VOBs from IFO and save (MPG) without editing, but adjust the Display to 720x480 and 16:9, the PSEUDO BD file's resolution is kept after import . When I process it as a BD25 with High Speed 2 pass, it's fitted into a 1920x1080 (640:297) 23.976fps display. With same IVTC results. Hmmm... Upscaling is not enabled.