View Single Post
Old 29th December 2017, 01:17   #26871  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
No, they can't. As previously posted, with 2:3 video (480i or 1080i), you need to IVTC it so that the 2:3 pulldown is removed, converting the interlaced 29.97 video to progressive 23.976 video. The IVTC process ends up removing the interlacing by default.
Yeah, I got it... I was still thinking while typing.

Quote:
If you de-interlace 2:3 pulldown interlaced video, you still end up with 29.97 video, but the 2:3 pulldown is destroyed in the process. Therefore there is nothing to IVTC.
Yup. Okay. I was figuring that as well in my last post. VRD changes flags, and doing that is better than destroying the pulldown data. Then I considered that JDobbs is already well aware of all of this stuff, so ~IF~ iVTC and then deinterlace could be done at the same time, or visa versa,, he'd already have BD-RB doing it. So.. Yeah, I get it. One or the other. That now is cemented. :-D

Quote:
IMHO, de-interlacing should only be used on video that is sourced from a video camera. Many people do not like the staircase/combing effect caused by rapid motion, as in sports. But, de-interlacing said video results in spatial time being lowered from 59.94 fields/sec to 29.97 frames/sec. But, that is a whole separate discussion.
I've read and heard others type and say the same thing about sources that ~know~ what's happening.

IVTC_METHOD=0 causes the green lines with this video and not changing any other deinterlacing settings (default). I removed METHOD from my settings and replaced with IVTC_TELECIDE=0 and that did a great job! There are some "combed" frames but, and seem to be right at the scene change places..and 1 frame that goes by very qickly, so not a big deal. Looks really good at the start of the video and where the ship is and other spots, all smooth. Everything seems smooth except for those single frames. Best output so far...and I've noticed.

I'm still checking.