View Single Post
Old 12th December 2018, 02:15   #1572  |  Link
danlock

Decoding thought (1) and a suggestion (2):

1. Decoders: LameXP does not seem to detect an Opus (or Ogg, or other audio) stream inside a WebM container, claiming the file is invalid (it's uncommon to put Opus or Ogg inside a non-Ogg container, and LameXP presumably doesn't include a WebM decoder).

I'm not trying to open a can of worms here. I don't want you to make LameXP into anything you don't want it to be or turn it into a "extracts from all possible container formats" utility, which might reduce its focus and efficiency.

2. I like the Encoded with LameXP tag. However, I would rather it didn't overwrite an already-present informational tag when enabled. If I could remember to check the files prior to setting the metadata, I could ensure that wouldn't happen, but I often forget. A lot of musicians have bandcamp/etc. pages or other source or relevant data in that metadata tag.

Would it be possible to append " / Encoded with LameXP" to a pre-existing tag or, alternatively, to apply the LameXP metadata tag only if that field is blank/not present in the original file?

An opt-in configuration option could be created, possibly, for users to switch to the alternate behavior if you would rather the current behavior remain the default (have Encoded by LameXP written to the file by default when "Write meta information to encoded files" is enabled)

Last edited by danlock; 12th December 2018 at 18:55. Reason: added clarity (?) | removed unnecessary sentence | changed phrase order (basic editing)
danlock is offline   Reply With Quote